|With our backs to the giant view of Mission Bay focusing on strategy! Photo: Kate Lighthall|
- Increased strategic communications including the development of a marketing plan;
- Active engagement with the Wildland Fire Leadership Council and the National Strategic Committee;
- Active engagement of stakeholders to focus on Fire Adapted Communities;
- Expansion of the Western Region as a "reference" and "coaching" resource to stakeholders;
- Monitoring of Cohesive Strategy implementation across the West; and
- Enhancing large landscape collaboration.
The real outcomes of the workshop were a result of co-locating with the fall meeting of the Council of Western State Foresters and the Western Forestry Leadership Coalition. We strengthened relationships with state and regional foresters and are looking forward to multiple projects in the coming year to support and assist these leaders as they take advantage of the "all hands - all lands" philosophy of the Cohesive Strategy.
Special thanks to those who could join us and suffered through two days of intense strategic planning while the sunny beach backdrop of Mission Bay beckoned. THANK YOU!